Tuesday 16 April 2013

Reenactors - a Documentary

In 2011 a couple of friends of mine, Thomas and Maria (amongst others) pulled of the greatest re-enactment in Sweden to date: the Battle of Wisby 1361-2011. Now a documentary about the project, Reenactors, have been released on YouTube. Do see it - it is in Swedish but subtitled in English.

 Thomas and Maria at the Battle of Wisby 2011, 
picture by Vix.

Sadly I couldn't partake, but instead of looking back with regret, I look forward with the hope of attending Battle of Wisby II this summer. It will be amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I did watch on YouTub.
    Awesome awesome.
    What a huge responibilty Maria and Thomas had.
    I am always amazed at the work it took to just, simply, live, in past centuries.
    We reenact American fur trade era, or I guess I should say early fur trade or long hunter era. I enjoy the research, and the hand sewing. There is so much to learn, that I feel like I'm still a novice after 15 years of participating in rendezvous. The more that I learn, the more I want to be dressed and have period proper clothing and accouterments.
    Do you have spring there?
    We here in north eastern Utah have had a week of fresh wet snow and cold winds.
    Hopefully it will work out for you and your family to attend the Battle of Wisby this summer.
    Enjoy your day.
    L. Nelson

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.