Tuesday 4 January 2011

A Tranquil Corner

Yesterday I started to go through my things, throwing away a lot, and packing the rest. Interesting to be preparing to move out, when I’ve no idea where I’ll be moving in… we don’t have a flat yet. My home looks like a complete mess, with garbage bags in one corner, ready packed boxes in another, and many of my belongings scattered over the rest of the floors, tables, sofa and nearly every other surface. Amidst the chaos I try to keep one corner free from clutter. Having that one neat place to rest my eyes on helps me to deal with the rest of it.


The antique sewing machine (which does work) has been in my family since it was new, and was a gift from my paternal Grandmother. I bought the menorah some months ago – I’ve always loved how they look, and it has a calming effect on me. The pumpkins (no idea what they are called) came from my Mum, who grew them last summer.

I had planned on doing my veil yesterday, but started packing instead… ah well, that is important too….

1 comment:

  1. I think there's always something about products that give off light that is just so calming and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please comment!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.